Do you want to make a real difference in your community?
Do you want to make a lasting positive impact on other people's lives?
If the answer is yes, then this the opportunity to help your community!
ABOUT THE ROLE
In line with the Person Centred Active Support Methodology [PCAS]:
- Encourage and support people to participate in decision-making about the services they receive
- Support people with their daily routines
- Enhance each person’s level of skill, confidence and independence
- Implement plans that provide meaningful activities of their choice, interest and ability.
- Promote outdoor tasks and activities for better health.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The Criteria for the role is:
- The ability to engage clients in a collaborative, positive and respectful manner
- Commitment to human rights principles
- Ability to communicate with staff, families and other professionals
- Experience in providing personal care support
- Experience in or a willingness to learn about how to respond to behaviours of concern
A Certificate IV Disability Services or equivalent will be highly regarded.
We offer generous salary packaging and can offer significant tax incentives as a non for profit organisation.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Tipping Foundation (part of the House with No Steps Group) is one of Australia's leading providers of disability services. We are dedicated to human rights and to ensuring individuals with a disability have greater choice, control, and freedom over their lives; helping to create a more independent life for people, now and in the future.
The Tipping Organisation operates a stringent safety screening procedure for preferred candidates that will require two satisfactory professional references, an identity check, satisfactory national and international [where required] police record check, a Working With Children Check [where required] and a cleared Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. For more details please view our website.
To apply online please click on the appropriate link and attach a copy of your recent resume. For more information about this position please contact Luke McArthur on 0437 572 362 quoting Ref No. 848659.
Applications close 26 March 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage men and women of all ages to apply. The Tipping Foundation is a diversity partner of the NDRC and we encourage applications from people with disability.
The Tipping Foundation is a child safe organisation. We value, respect and listen to children and young people. We are committed to the safety of all children and young people including the cultural safety of Aboriginal children & young people, culturally and/or linguistically diverse children & young people, gender and sexually diverse children & young people and children & young people with a disability.