Do you want to make a real difference in your community?
Do you enjoy the rewarding feeling of having a positive impact on people's lives?
If the answer is yes, then this is the job for you!
We are looking for highly reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated people who have experience in working with complex disability support to make a difference in someone's life!
ABOUT THE ROLE
In line with the Person Centred Active Support Methodology [PCAS]:
- Provide complex support in a residential setting
- Encourage active participation in daily living activities and decision making
- Enhance each person’s level of skill, confidence and independence
- Implement plans that provide meaningful activities of their choice, interest and ability.
- Promote outdoor tasks and activities for better health.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To be considered for this role you must have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum qualification of Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent.
- Experience in working with complex disability cases
- Commitment to human rights principles
- Experience in or a willingness to learn about how to respond to behaviours of concern
- The ability to work independently when required
- Must be able to work Morning and afternoon shifts
- Able to drive a van with a current driver's licence
We offer generous salary packaging and can offer significant tax incentives as a non for profit organisation.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Tipping Foundation (part of the House with No Steps Group) is one of Australia's leading providers of disability services. We are dedicated to human rights and to ensuring individuals with a disability have greater choice, control, and freedom over their lives; helping to create a more independent life for people, now and in the future.
The Tipping Organisation operates a stringent safety screening procedure for preferred candidates that will require two satisfactory professional references, an identity check, satisfactory national and international [where required] police record check, a Working With Children Check [where required] and a cleared Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. For more details please view our website.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below attaching a copy of your CV.
Applications close Monday 15th April 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage men and women of all ages to apply. The Tipping Foundation is a diversity partner of the NDRC and we encourage applications from people with disability.
The Tipping Foundation is a child safe organisation. We value, respect and listen to children and young people. We are committed to the safety of all children and young people including the cultural safety of Aboriginal children & young people, culturally and/or linguistically diverse children & young people, gender and sexually diverse children & young people and children & young people with a disability.