If you have a passion for supporting people with a disability to live the best life possible, experience their full human rights and feel valued as part of their local community, this opportunity may be right for you!
House with No Steps (HWNS) and the Tipping Foundation is a leading provider of quality residential, employment and ancillary services to people with disabilities, both dual physical and intellectual , throughout QLD, ACT, VIC and NSW.
ABOUT THE ROLE
· Encourage and support people to develop the skills to enable independence and actively participate in decision-making
· Support people with complex behaviours in their daily routines including emotional and psychological support.
· Enhance the individual’s level of skill and confidence living in the community
· Implement plans that provide meaningful activities of the customer’s choice, interest and ability.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience supporting people with extremely challenging behaviours of concern and mental health disorders
- Demonstrate emotional resilience, patience & a commitment to human rights principles
- The ability to engage customers in a collaborative and positive manner in line with instructions, orders and safe or best practice.
- Demonstrated ability to establish a professional working relationship with customers and their networks that is supportive and empowering
- Experience in providing positive behaviour support including implementing crisis management.
- Possess well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including conflict resolution, negotiation, problem solving, and the ability to communicate effectively as a member of a team
Qualifications in Mental Health / Disability Services or equivalent will be highly regarded.
Mental Health First Aid and Drivers Licence desirable
We offer generous salary packaging and can offer significant tax incentives as a non for profit organisation.
The Tipping Organisation operates a stringent safety screening procedure for preferred candidates that will require two satisfactory professional references, an identity check, satisfactory national and international [where required] police record check, a Working With Children Check [where required] and a cleared Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. For more details please view our website.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Carmel Murray on 0429 477 179, quoting Ref No. 854105.
Applications close at Thursday 2 May 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage men and women of all ages to apply. The Tipping Foundation is a diversity partner of the NDRC and we encourage applications from people with disability.
The Tipping Foundation is a child safe organisation. We value, respect and listen to children and young people. We are committed to the safety of all children and young people