If the answer is yes, then this the opportunity to help your community!
ABOUT THE ROLE
In line with the Person Centred Active Support Methodology
- Encourage and support people to participate in decision-making about the services they receive
- Support people with their daily routines
- Enhance each person’s level of skill, confidence and independence
- Implement plans that provide meaningful activities of their choice, interest and ability.
- Promote outdoor tasks and activities for better health.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The Criteria for the role is:
- The ability to engage clients in a collaborative, positive and respectful manner
- Commitment to human rights principles
- Ability to communicate with staff, families and other professionals
- Experience in providing personal care support
- Experience in or a willingness to learn about how to respond to behaviours of concern
A Certificate IV Disability Services or equivalent will be highly regarded.
We offer generous salary packaging and can offer significant tax incentives as a non for profit organisation.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Tipping Foundation (part of the House with No Steps Group) is one of Australia's leading providers of disability services. We are dedicated to human rights and to ensuring individuals with a disability have greater choice, control, and freedom over their lives; helping to create a more independent life for people, now and in the future.
The Tipping Organisation operates a stringent safety screening procedure for preferred candidates that will require two satisfactory professional references, an identity check, satisfactory national and international [where required] police record check, a Working With Children Check [where required] and a cleared Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. For more details please view our website.